NZIPP Wedding Open Photographer of the Year
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
The WEDDING OPEN CATEGORY is for COMPOSITE or NON-COMPOSITE entries
Photographs taken at a genuine wedding. Entries must have been photographed at the client’s actual wedding and may be photojournalistic, candid, posed, directed or staged. There will be an emphasis on reflecting moments, emotions, storytelling and communication alongside creativity, the mastery of craft and attention to detail.
» Entries must have been commissioned.
» The photographer must be the contracted photographer of the wedding to enter this category.
» All elements of the image must have been photographed on the wedding day (excludes textures created by the photographer in the last 5 years)
» Entries must have been photographed on the day of the clients’ wedding. To accommodate varying cultures, this includes wedding ceremonies that run over multiple days.
» This category does NOT include hen/stag parties, trash the dress, engagement sessions, etc. which may be entered in an appropriate non-wedding category (eg. Portrait In-Camera, Portrait Open)
» An entry may be presented as a series, such as diptychs, triptychs, etc.
» Any photographer must have the permission of the main wedding photographer to enter any photograph.
» Except where specified as permitted above, entries must comply with all rules, entry terms & conditions, and the Open – Composite entry criteria.
OPEN CATEGORIES - ENTRY CRITERIA
The open categories are intended to reward technical and creative excellence in photographing and presenting images that allow for minor and major post-production, including compositing techniques, but excludes the use of computer generated elements (eg. where the computer automatically renders an element such as a person, landscape, sky or other item that the camera did not capture.)
Except where a texture has been photographed or created by the entrant.
• All forms of post-production
• Composite images
• Textures and borders, (must have been photographed by the entrant)
• Use of entrant-created presets and/or third-party presets/plugins, such as, Nik, Luminar, etc.
• All forms of in-camera techniques including any form of multiple exposure.
• FAMILY CATEGORY ONLY - Third-party physical backdrops with identifiable elements are permitted in the Family category only as this is considered part of
the day to day practice of the family portrait industry.
• Third-party digital backdrops, textures or other elements are not permitted
• Third-party physical backdrops with identifiable elements are not permitted with the exception of the Family category. Third-party physical backdrops with
subtle patterns can be used in any category.
• Note: It is the responsibility of the photographer to ensure that any backdrops purchased from a thirdparty
are not excluded for use in a competition entry
• Excludes the use of computer generated elements (e.g.. where the computer automatically renders an element such as a person, landscape, sky or other item that the camera did not capture).
Make sure your image fits the category rules above.
Click here to download the "Preparing your files" section. All entrants need to follow these instructions to enter through our online entry portal.
Decide if you want to enter a digital image, or a physical print. Download the specific information for preparing digital or print entries below.