WHO CAN ENTER
Entry into the Nikon Iris Awards is open to:
» All professional photographers nationally and internationally – a professional is defined as a person who earns an income in the professional photography industry;
» Students enrolled in and studying photography or other creative arts programmes, full or part-time, at a recognised NZ tertiary institute.
The Nikon Iris Awards are the NZIPP’s commitment toward raising the profile and standard of professional photography in New Zealand. Entering the awards offers photographers professional development opportunities that will:
» Allow you to challenge your creative boundaries;
» Extend your photographic practices and expertise;
» Provide personal achievement and professional recognition amongst your peers;
» See some of the very best of NZ’s photographic talent awarded and on display.
With strong sponsorship support and media interest, the Nikon Iris Awards are an excellent opportunity for professional photographers to leverage from as part of their business marketing.
This year’s awards event will culminate with a premier awards presentation that includes the announcement of the coveted title of New Zealand Professional Photographer of the Year.
The NZIPP Honours Council wishes you all the best for an exciting and successful year!
WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR
After last year’s online awards we sent out a survey to all participants. We have listened to your feedback and made appropriate changes where possible. We are now offering:
* The choice of entering in a digital OR print format OR a combination of both (excluding the Expressive Category, which must be a physical entry. Please note: print and digital images will be judged together, in the same category with one category winner;
* Updated Nature category rules;
* The maximum number of total entries per participant is 20, with the exception of Students, who can enter a maximum total of four images. No entrant can submit more than four images in any one category;
* A 5-year age limit on images – all elements must have been photographed since 01 May 2016;
* Same subject may be used as long as the images are deemed visually different;
* The Nature category must have a title; and an optional caption is allowed in both the Nature and Expressive categories;
* Uploaded files shall be sRGB;
* The minimum print size has been changed to 25cm from 26cm;
*The Landscape Category has been split into two; Landscape In-Camera, and Landscape Open;
* The price for a print entry has significantly reduced.
NIKON IRIS AWARDS ONLINE ENTRY REGISTRATION
To register your entries, go to: https://nzipp.awardsplatform.com
IRIS AWARDS QUERIES
Have a question about the Nikon Iris Awards or entering? Email: email@example.com
NZIPP HEAD OFFICE
For queries on registration, membership, payments or invoices, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE ENTRY REGISTRATION QUERIES
If you’re having trouble accessing or registering your entries online, email: email@example.com
UPDATE FROM HONOURS
Changes to the NZIPP Honours Distinctions have now been reviewed and took effect as of 1 January
2020. These include changes to the merit point values awarded to each of the Gold, Silver and Bronze
awards along with the terminology applied to the Honours Distinction levels and the number of points
required to achieve for each level.
Further updates on the reviewed Honours Distinctions will be available soon.
2021 Online Registration And Entry Dates
Online Entry Registrations Open:
8:00 am (NZST), Friday 23rd April 2021
Online Entry Registrations Close:
11:59 pm (NZST), Sunday 13th June 2021
Dates and times TBC
Nikon Iris Awards – Live Judging:
Monday 26th July – Wednesday 28th July 2021
Livestreamed judging times & days TBC, with detailed information
released following the close of entries.
Iris Awards Presentations:
Gala Dinner, 7:00PM (NZST) Friday 30th July 2021
Absolutely NO late entries will be accepted!