NZIPP Illustrative Photographer of the Year
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
The ILLUSTRATIVE CATEGORY is for COMPOSITE or NON-COMPOSITE entries
Photographs intended to illustrate concepts and ideas, that provide narrative and provoke the viewer in a thought process. Includes photographs taken or produced to illustrate a subject or topic.
» Entries may be commissioned or self-commissioned.
» Entries may be conceptual or representative in nature.
» An entry may be presented as a series, such as diptychs, triptychs, etc.
» Except where specified as permitted above, entries must comply with all rules, entry terms & conditions, and the Open – Composite entry criteria.
OPEN CATEGORIES - ENTRY CRITERIA
The open categories are intended to reward technical and creative excellence in photographing and presenting images that allow for minor and major post-production, including compositing techniques, but excludes the use of computer generated elements (eg. where the computer automatically renders an element such as a person, landscape, sky or other item that the camera did not capture.)
Except where a texture has been photographed or created by the entrant.
• All forms of post-production
• Composite images
• Textures and borders, (must have been photographed by the entrant)
• Use of entrant-created presets and/or third-party presets/plugins, such as, Nik, Luminar, etc.
• All forms of in-camera techniques including any form of multiple exposure.
• FAMILY CATEGORY ONLY - Third-party physical backdrops with identifiable elements are permitted in the Family category only as this is considered part of
the day to day practice of the family portrait industry.
• Third-party digital backdrops, textures or other elements are not permitted
• Third-party physical backdrops with identifiable elements are not permitted with the exception of the Family category. Third-party physical backdrops with
subtle patterns can be used in any category.
• Note: It is the responsibility of the photographer to ensure that any backdrops purchased from a thirdparty
are not excluded for use in a competition entry
• Excludes the use of computer generated elements (e.g.. where the computer automatically renders an element such as a person, landscape, sky or other item that the camera did not capture).
Make sure your image fits the category rules above.
Click here to download the "Preparing your files" section. All entrants need to follow these instructions to enter through our online entry portal.
Decide if you want to enter a digital image, or a physical print. Download the specific information for preparing digital or print entries below.